MBBS FRACS FAOrthA
SHOULDER, ELBOW & KNEE
Contact Richard Dallalana
P: (03) 8415 1907
F: (03) 8415 0132
Richard Dallalana completed his undergraduate medical degree at the University of Melbourne in 1993, going on to complete surgical training at St. Vincent’s Hospital.
He completed his training in Orthopaedic Surgery in 2003 and is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and a member of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
Post-graduate training was undertaken overseas in 2004 – 2005. This included fellowships in Arthroscopy / Sports Medicine in Edmonton, Canada based at the University of Alberta, Upper Limb surgery at St. Mary’s and Ravenscourt Park Hospitals, London, England, and Knee surgery at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, England.
He is host of a Shoulder and Elbow fellowship training program, co-ordinator of clinical research in private practice and with Melbourne university, and a design and educational consultant to industry.
A focus of Richard’s practice is the management of shoulder disorders and the utilization of arthroscopic techniques.
Key procedures performed:
- Shoulder stabilisation
- SLAP Repair
- Subacromial decompression
- Rotator cuff repair
- AC joint reconstruction
- AC resection
- Management of frozen shoulder
- Shoulder and elbow joint replacement
- Elbow arthroscopy and arthritis management
- Knee arthroscopy and ligament reconstruction
- Fracture management including knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist and scaphoid
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia